ABOUT SECHEL ASIA
Enhancing businesses in Southeast Asia through technology.
To be your long-term trusted partner in the region.
- Commitment & Perseverance
- Respect & Integrity
- Knowledge & Innovation
- 2.9+ billion population, US$ 48 trillion combined GDP
- Growing middle class, with over 50% of the population is under 30
- High mobile (141%), internet (58%), and social media (55%) penetration
- Existing enormous gap in food, mobility, ICT, healthcare, and security
- Less domestic competition than other regions of the world
- US$ 7.86 billion was invested in Southeast Asian startups in 2017, threefold from 2016’s US$ 2.52 billion
- Diverse economic developments, tax structures, and business climates
- Complexity of local regulations and longevity of paperwork & process
- Language and cultural gaps not to be underestimated
- Not a first adopter in tech and investments
- Long cycle of deals to be expected in public sector
- Relationships are key in business dealings, emphasizing the imperative need for local partner
Ron Snir, Chief Executive Officer
Ron was Commercial Attaché at the Israeli Embassy in Singapore under the Ministry of Economy from 2013 – 2017. Ron was involved and led in closing deals of over 450 million with 100+ clients per year, and over 500 projects in total. Ron is also well-versed in the private sector. After working as a validation engineer in a large pharmaceutical company, Ron traded and managed an entire trading floor of futures traders. Ron holds a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering and a B.Sc. in Chemistry (Nano-Technology) from Ben-Gurion University in Israel, and is now studying towards her Masters in Philosophy of Science at Tel Aviv University in Israel.